Sunday, February 10, 2013

LuxeBox by Loose Button - December

Luxe Box by Loose Button – Winter Edition
$26 CAD quarterly (every 3 months) 
Now here is a box that doesn't disappoint!  This is my second Luxe Box by Loose Button and a beauty box that I always look forward to.  It has beautiful elegant packaging and came in a silk drawstring bag that can easily double when travelling for intimates, makeup or anything you might want to pack.  Also, as you will notice, some killer samples and full size products inside.   Now, price might seem steep, but compared now to glossy charging $21 per month remember this is only every 3 months and these are definitely superior products that I have not seen in my local drugstore and that in itself is what these boxes are all about!  I do remember being on a waiting list before being accepted into this prestige beauty club but I now thank the beauty gods everyday that I got in!


Eyeko – Mini Skinny Brush Mascara 4ml



I loved the thin brush of this mascara!  It captured my shortest lashes to magically lengthen them.  Blushster thought I was still using my Latisse!  This I WILL buy again, however this mascara won’t give you the volume, but did give me the best length I have ever experienced.  Also extremely easy removal, but since I always cleanse with an oil everything is…


China Glaze – Nail Lacquer Beauty Within (full size)


A bright, shiny pink colour perfect come spring.  I LOVE all China Glaze polishes as they are always right bang on with the latest current trends.


Dermalogica – Precleanse 15ml
As I have already received this in another sample box, I have already reviewed and mentioned that this is one of my favorite cleansing oils of all time.  A lightweight olive and apricot kernel cleansing oil, that gently liquefies sebum and oil based debris from the skin.  I challenge any makeup users to first cleanse your skin with a cleansing oil, dry of course and you will wonder how you ever felt clean before.  You will never go back to basic cleansing again.


Schwarzkopf Professional – Dust it (full size)

Osis Dust It Mattifying Powder is lightweight to help create movement and texture with a matte finish.  I sprinkled this potion in my hands where I found the texture to change immediately to more of a liquid.  This stuff is designed for use on dry hair and boy oh boy does it deliver texture!  I like this stuff, although it does sometimes leave a sticky finish but fine hair gals will love the volume and texture that this delivers.  If you have thick hair and worry about oiliness then you are looking for a dry shampoo and not this product.


Donna Karan – Woman EDP 7ml

Creamy notes of orange flower, haitian vetiver and sandalwood.  Nothing special.  First of all the bottle design is not ideal for opening and application.  Travelling with this would definitely make for disaster.  The scent also didn't last on me.  I do get annoyed though when receiving perfume samples as I feel perfume can only properly be sampled with an atomizer.  


Kerastase – Cristalliste Lumiere Liquide 3ml
Definitely did the job leaving my hair frizz fee, weightless and with added shine.  However at $40 + a bottle, there are much cheaper alternatives that do just about the same thing.  Smell was soft but not the best hair product choice for me when I strive for volume and texture.



B. Kamins Laboratories – Day Lotion SPF 15 15ml
Was fragrance free, lightweight and left my skin smooth and hydrated all day long.  This will definitely be packed come time for my Caribbean vacation!


Loose Button – Kabuki Brush

Generally used for mineral makeup however Kabuki brushes are a great choice for buffing in any type of foundation for a seamless finish.  I especially like working with a kabuki to gently roll on blush.  They are great for bronzers, loose powders and anything else you might want a heavier application for.  I thought this was an excellent quality brush and a nice treat from Loose Button!  No loose bristles falling all over my face…yet.


Also included was a 6-month subscription to FLARE!
A great way to get even more beauty news from!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment