Wednesday, February 27, 2013

BeautyBar - January


My January Beautybar with Allure Box



Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Eye Pencil – #1001 black (full size)

A black kajal eye pencil that goes on smoothly and precisely.  Great pigment, easy removal and waterproof.  Stayed perfectly in place for me all day long without the dreaded raccoon eye that I typically get from a mixture of my oily skin and my beautiful smile.   A beautiful pencil that I will definitely try in an everyday brown.


Nicole Richie Fragrance EDP Spray 1.5ml
A typical drugstore perfume that is sensual and feminine with notes of blackberry, rose and golden amber.  It is a lovely scent…will it last on you….no.  But, if drugstore perfumes is what you like then I would consider giving this one a try.


Snowberry Nourishing Lite Day Cream 7ml

A skincare line developed in 2007 in New Zealand.  This is a premium skin care brand that is free of the potentially harmful petrochemicals, parabens, artificial colouring, silicone's and Nano particles that are found in many skin care products today.  A great day cream that moisturized and was a perfect primer for my makeup.  Scent to me is crucial in skin care and I found this to be rather dull.  I wouldn't be too excited to wake up and smooth this cream onto my face…but that’s just how I am….particular.



Strivectin Instant Retexturizing Scrub 30ml
When I need exfoliation, I want to feel it and this scrub just doesn’t do it for me.  I would rate this a 5 out of 10 on the intensity of the scrub.  On the back it does say to keep away from the eye area and unless you want to learn braille, I strongly suggest you use with caution.  It smells of mint and I suspect this was the culprit for the massive lasting sting I received when trying to remove this scrub.  Not impressed.


Serge Normant mini Meta Revive dry shampoo  56.7g
Tons of white residue and powder did not dissipate after 
spraying this dry shampoo.  Not much else to say except that there are tons of dry shampoos on the market now and paying $25 for this one just doesn’t make sense.   In my opinion, this is a horrible product that I would never recommend.


Pantene Expert Collection AgeDefy Advanced 
Thickening Treatment 50ml

This is a thickening treatment for fine hair that plumps up your strands to give the illusion of thicker, fuller hair.  It is a serum consistency without the slip of silicone.   Instructions are to use daily and apply to wet or dry hair.  Spray 15 pumps at the roots to cover your scalp from ear line up.  Massage in with fingertips.  Do not rinse off.  Style as usual.  I’ve used this twice and have noticed no difference but that won’t stop me from buying the entire line and trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment