Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ipsy (MyGlam) November


A look inside my November MyGlam


$10 a month CAD
This was the first month that MyGlam was available in Canada!

Well, as soon as I heard that there was a new sample box in Canada, guess what I did?!  Grabbed Beauty Man’s credit card and signed up!!  That’s no surprise!  However, DO NOT look on their website before you get your bag, or it will spoil all the fun as I found out the hard way that they post the bag before many have actually received it.  US bags also seem to vary from CAD bags.

 A brown simple makeup bag held all my products.

 A Brown makeup bag?!! Honestly…that’s boring!!  Let’s jazz it up a bit so I might actually use the bag!

Nailtini- Nail Polish – Full Size 5ml

 I received Millionaire colour.  Rose gold micro glitter with iridescent gold and teal tinsels.  I would say 80% gold and 20% turquoise.  Upon first glance, I wasn't really impressed with this as I thought the glitter was far too long and big.  Once applied though, the glitter is so dense that you really only need one, maybe 2 applications which are unusual for a glitter polish.  Although it appears to be quite thick, the colour was indeed true to bottle and most important, easy removal.  A bit flash for me but the good news is, is that Nailtini polishes are always 3 free and never tested on animals.

theBalm – Meet Matt(e) .9g
This is a matte brown eyeshadow in shade - Matt Batali.  Part of theBalm’s matte eyeshadow palette with 9 different matte shades. This particular brown is a great matte colour for a smoky eye look.  I have used theBalm’s eyeshadows in the past and find their pigment to be strong, soft and easy to apply.  I also found this to be an excellent shadow to fill in my sparse eyebrows with.


Starlet Cosmetics – Eye Pencil – Chocolate  1.5g Full size

I received a chocolate brown colour with red undertones.  It definitely didn't glide on as nice as Urban Decay 24/7 pencil but it did blend nicely for a smoky nighttime look.  I also had no problem sharpening it.  Would I repurchase – probably not.  I am partial to CG eyeliners in my opinion they are the best in drugstore brands.  Also, wondering if this company was trying to get rid of old packaging as when I went on their website to try and find this shade all of their eye pencils had different packaging and I could not even find this particular colour.

My Glam eye shadow brush with case

A tapered blending brush that forms a slight point at the tip.  I found the bristles to be quite loose and would have liked more tightly wound bristles for a better more controlled application.


Eclos Plant Stem Cells Anti Aging Regenerative Cream - 7ml
The latest in Plant Stem Cell technology is believed to be the holy grail of skin care technology.  This cream helps to protect the skins ability to renew itself, therefore sagging skin tightens and wrinkles are postponed.   This cream can be used day or night.  I LOVED, LOVED the smell of this stuff.  Something fresh and medicinal about it and the texture was great for daytime prior to makeup application.  I am excited to try more from this line!!!

Tomorrow I will feature by Glossy Box!


No comments:

Post a Comment