Wednesday, January 16, 2013

GlossyBox - November (Holiday)


A look inside my November GlossyBox


$21 a month CAD

Filled with gorgeous GLOSSY goodies to get you ready to sparkle and shine.   This was a Golden Ticket box – 50 lucky boxes contained a piece of TOVA jewelry.  I searched high and low, but mine did not.

Now, GlossyBox just increased their monthly subscription price from $15 to $21, with this box being their first at $21 (Nov 2012).  Trying to justify the price increase has been difficult.  Their boxes (since the increase) have definitely been worth the $21, however I am a little annoyed that it is all brands to be found in drugstores.  I hate to be the beauty snob here….lord knows I buy PLENTY of drugstores brands, however the beauty of these boxes to me are supposed to introduce the customer to different brands, more high end brands that are not so easily attainable.  Verdict…we will give them one more month…maybe two as it would be difficult for me to see the goodies that everyone else gets and not me!  Sorry, that’s just how I am!

Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolor Holiday Shade – All is Glam, All is Bright  (full size)  



A beautiful purple shade with small particles of micro glitter in blue, pink & gray.  Looks lovely on its own or on top of another colour.


Kryolan for Glossybox Blusher in Glossy Pink 2.5g 

A beautiful dusty rose shade.  Kryolan is a well known name in the professional makeup world.  Having been in the industry for more than 66 years, their headquarters are in Berlin, Germany.   This is a high quality, beautiful coloured blush that blends easily and is highly pigmented.  

Nexxus Salon Hair Care: Hydration Kit (both 89ml)

Now this is a deluxe sample size in my books!  Probably enough in these bottles for at least 10-15 washes.  Smells like coconut and I loved it!  Even with my fine hair, this did a great job of hydration without weighing it down.  Styling was a breeze after using this.  Would definitely buy!


Vitabath Moisturizing Bath and Shower Gelee – 6oz

Lovely ocean, clean fresh scent with a great lather – but then again, everything with a pouff lathers, doesn’t it?  Made in Canada and is paraben and sulfate free!!  My whole bathroom was smelling wonderful when I was done with this.

Maybelline MNY My Gloss (full size) 9ml

I received a nice pinky colour, slight subtle sparkles, luckily no disco balls on the lips, faint apple smell and not sticky.  Overall a nice hydrating gloss.

Curel Hand & Cuticle Therapy Cream 100ml (full size)

Very soothing, however I would have preferred the consistency to be a bit thicker.  It does however do what it claims.  It moisturizes, even through repeated hand washing's for all day softness.  Tried and tested and after a hand wash, it felt like it was still there!  My blushster is also raving about this hand cream!  Great for day and a great drugstore hand cream!


Uber Loyalty Card
Included this month was a loyalty card for 50% off all online purchases at www.uberbeautyproducts.ca
Checked it out online, looks like they have hair, face, body and tan lines.  Does not really appeal to me at this time.

Oh, almost forgot, there was also a mini red and white Candy Cane. Didn’t eat…does anyone enjoy those?



No comments:

Post a Comment