Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Glossybox - December


My major problem with Glossy Box is, WHY, WHY, WHY on earth is this the only box you NEVER receive in the month that the box was intended for?????  Like, really?!?!!
How hard can it be to send a December box in the month of December?!!  You have 31 days to do it…..

Anyways, included in my December box, which was actually delivered in January is below.

$21 per month

Glossybox partnered with LOULOU this month and gave us a nice silver box instead of the usual dusty rose.

Another Golden Ticket box – 50 lucky glossy boxes contained a beautiful statement necklace from the Nobia jewelery collection.  I once again searched high and low, but found nothing.


Aveeno Positively Ageless Ultra-Calming Moisturizer SPF 30 73ml (full size)
Glad I received this one, as some received Aveeno Positively Ageless Day Moisturizer SPF 30 in their box.
This was great to soothe my dry winter skin in the morning.  I was pleasantly surprised as SPF creams usually have me running as I find application is not creamy but usually thick with white residue left, but this one sunk into my skin effortlessly.   A little white residue was visible, but miraculously vanished 5 seconds later.  My skin felt soft to the touch and nice and plump.  Loved this….and remember SPF is always needed no matter which month or which season.


Aveeno Positively Ageless Tinted Moisturizer (light – medium) SPF 30 50ml (full size)
HUGE disappointment for me!  Wanted to love it, the illumination of it was incredible but OTT (over the top) as I found it emphasized every hair and wrinkle on my face.  The worst part was the colour….hello, oompa loompa!  The colour was way too orangey for me and everyone else in this world in my opinion unless you are part of the Lollipop Guild.  The coverage seemed great and in my opinion a little heavier than a normal tinted moisturizer which is OK with me, but also a bit difficult to blend.  I also found it to be quite fragrant, and not in a great way.  Sadly you won’t catch me out looking for a better colour to repurchase here.


Avon superSHOCK Vivid – Liquid Eye Shadow (full size)
Champagne colour – this was so liquidly and watery in the bottle that it SHOCKed me.  Gave it a good 10 second shake, and nothing changed.  Shockingly out of the bottle came a beautifully textured almost creamy shadow.  Colour stayed put all day long and reminded me of Clinique Quick Eyes Cream Shadow.  I was also pleasantly surprised that once dried, it was more of a powder than a cream.  Applicator is long and soft like a lip brush and once applied is very cooling on the lids.  I really, really like this and am already planning on wearing it again tomorrow!  Well done AVON!


Revlon Nail Enamel –  910 Barely Peach (14.7 ml) full size
My bottle seems like it saw better days however this polish should be named Barely There.  It looks like I just have a top coat on.  Very light in colour, even after 3 coats.  No need to swatch this one as you wouldn’t be able to see anything.  However, right up GlamMa’s alley so this will be gifted to her.  I do however like Revlon polishes, as they are always current in their colour collections and have a great brush for applying.


GlossyBox Lashes – 1 pair of false lashes with glue
I’m a little lost on this one, sorry.  Never applied false lashes and don’t plan on it anytime soon.  They do look like a decent quality full lash look though.


Tresemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo – for fine/oily hair 56g


I am a dry shampoo expert and swear by the stuff and have pretty much tried every brand.  For me with dry shampoo I want and need the texture as I have thin, fine hair.  I also have dark hair so white residue for me is a no no.  Although I do get a good texture with this, the residue doesn’t disappear with a little finger shake to the hair unfortunately.  It turns my hair 3 shades lighter and I do not have the type of hair that a brush goes through.  If you have Blonde hair I would say this is a great option for dry shampoo.  There are much better options for darker hair colours.  The smell is intense but pleasant.



Tresemme Split Remedy Sachet – 9ml each shampoo & conditioner
A single use shampoo and conditioner sample.  Doubt my split ends will remedy after just one use, but one can sure can hope! 


Nobia Earrings

 An accessories line out of Montreal, Canada with a focus on high fashion trends that is both affordable and fashionable.  These particular earrings sell for $14.99 on their online store and I find that a little hard to swallow.  Maybe $1 at Dollarama seems like a better comparison.  I mean I would even do $1.25.  What do you think?

Also included was a 1 year (8 issues) of LOULOU for $14.95.  Already have my subscription, but thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Love the reviews! What dry shampoo do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete